[webkit-dev] Firefox spoofing in Safari 3.0 and Gmail issues

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Sun Jun 17 12:42:09 PDT 2007

On Jun 17, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Safari 3.0 it is now possible to change the user agent to
> Firefox 2.0.0.2.
> In doing so the Gmail site does not render at all. Well it displays
> but no
> formatting is provided, not even HTML elements.
>
> Is this a known issue? Build is 522.11.

I noticed this myself as well. You can't necessarily expect sites to
always work when spoofing as another user agent. GMail in particular
sends rather different content depending on your browser. I do seem
to recall it working earlier though, and I am not sure if it's a
WebKit change or a GMail site change that makes it not work at all
now. It used to be that spoofing sort of worked and enabled the Quick
Contacts feature.

Regards,
Maciej