[webkit-dev] Icon cache clearing

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Fri Jun 15 09:47:02 PDT 2007

Kevin,

Officially, there's no planned support for switching between Safari 2 =20=

and Safari 3 repeatedly.

That said, this is weird - I have switched between Safari 2 and 3 =20
during development repeatedly and not noticed this behavior.

I'd recommend you file a bug at bugs.webkit.org and attach your ~/=20
Library/Safari/Icons.db both before you lose all the icons, and =20
afterwards.  There should be code to guard against this but it seems =20
like it's not working in your case, and it might be easy to find out =20
why.

=F0 Brady
Safari/WebKit Engineer