[webkit-dev] Safari Win and plugins directory

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Wed Jun 13 09:43:09 PDT 2007

Safari probably works this way because the average user shouldn't have to
install three copies of the same plug-in for MSIE, Firefox, and Safari.  :)

I'm not sure if there is a way to install a plug-in for just one browser,
though.  Others on the list may have an idea of how to do this.

If they're just DLLs, you might be able to get away with copying them into the
executable's directory so that they're picked up before any system-wide DLLs,
but I am not a Windows expert (IANAWE :).

Dave