[webkit-dev] ResourceHandle and the Frame parameter

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Jun 12 17:22:50 PDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Darin Adler wrote:

> I think we'll have to rethink this. ResourceHandle is intended to
> be a low level networking layer, and so it doesn't make sense to
> have higher level concepts like a Frame*, but clearly we'll need to
> make a design change so there's a higher level that's easy to plug
> in to.
>
> Or we can just give up on the notion of ResourceHandle as a low
> level networking abstraction.

As Darin says, the intent is that ResourceLoader is the layer that
knows about high-level networking stuff in the engine, ResourceHandle
is supposed to be low-level and ignorant of the higher-level loading
code. In my opinion, the right way to put in hooks that depend on the
methods.

Regards,
Maciej