[webkit-dev] Your opinion on a CSS proposal

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 7 06:24:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

Is the idea to ensure that the image is displayed at about the same
size on both screens, or that less data is sent in the low-res
scenario?

One thing that should be noted is that the 'IMG' HTML tag has a 'LOWSRC'
attribute, which is intended for a low resolution version of the image,
but I don't think that ever made it into CSS.

If a low-res device happens to be a TV, then there is a media type 'tv'
which can be specified so the right CSS is used.

Just a quick look at CSS and I see that 'absolute' units are available
for specifying size, such as in, cm and mm. See:

http://htmlhelp.com/reference/css/units.html

Andre