[webkit-dev] Re: [webkit-changes] [24723] trunk/WebCore

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Fri Jul 27 12:15:27 PDT 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 21:05:00 Darin Adler wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Lars Knoll wrote:
> > I'm fine with moving to this approach (even though it'll still lead
> > to some code duplication if we do it the easy way without
> > refactoring).
>
> I don't think we should insist on doing it without refactoring. It
> seems good to add private member functions as necessary so we can
> share as much of the code as possible.

Good, I was just under the impression that you wanted to avoid these kind of
changes at the moment. I'll prepare a patch then.

> The reason I'm particularly sensitive on this issue is that fixing the
> structure of ifdef'd code like this is something we've spent a lot of
> time on the last two years. We still have quite a bit left to fix from
> decisions I regret when adapting the code to Mac OS X, and I'd like to
> avoid introducing new cases of it now.

I agree. We mostly try to avoid these things for our platform specific code in
Qt as well.

> > Should we move the XMLTokenizer class to WebCore/platform then?
>
> No.
>
> If we were making an independent XML abstraction that didn't depend on
> the rest of WebKit then it would belong there. But since we've decided
> to not go that way, this is just platform-specific code in another
> subdirectory, which we do as needed. See the loader directory, for
> example.

Ok.

> I'm not sure I like the filename XMLTokenizerLibXml.cpp, but I can't
> think of anything better.

I'd be happer to find a better name, but I couldn't think of one.

Cheers,
Lars