[webkit-dev] Re: [webkit-changes] [24723] trunk/WebCore

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Jul 27 12:05:00 PDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Lars Knoll wrote:

> I'm fine with moving to this approach (even though it'll still lead
> to some code duplication if we do it the easy way without
> refactoring).

I don't think we should insist on doing it without refactoring. It
seems good to add private member functions as necessary so we can
share as much of the code as possible.

The reason I'm particularly sensitive on this issue is that fixing the
structure of ifdef'd code like this is something we've spent a lot of
time on the last two years. We still have quite a bit left to fix from
decisions I regret when adapting the code to Mac OS X, and I'd like to
avoid introducing new cases of it now.

> Should we move the XMLTokenizer class to WebCore/platform then?

No.

If we were making an independent XML abstraction that didn't depend on
the rest of WebKit then it would belong there. But since we've decided
to not go that way, this is just platform-specific code in another
subdirectory, which we do as needed. See the loader directory, for
example.

I'm not sure I like the filename XMLTokenizerLibXml.cpp, but I can't
think of anything better.

     -- Darin