[webkit-dev] Re: Automated tests (was: WebKit Project Goals)

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 26 10:42:47 PDT 2007

On 26-Jul-07, at 03:09 , Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> Is there a tool  or tests that can be used to ensure that
>> Performance doesn't regress?
>
> We use a number of benchmarks internally at Apple, sadly most of
> them depend on things that are not freely redistributable. There
> are however some publicly available JavaScript and DOM benchmarks.

Are there any publicly available tools that we could use instead? I
believe it would be
of benefit to everyone if we were on the same page with the way we
approaching testing.
At the very least even if Apple uses a separate test process
internally, it would be
good if there were some universally available testing process that
was part of the
WebKit project.

Andre