[webkit-dev] Pleyo unveils OWB, its refactor of WebKit

Jean-Charles VERDIE (Pleyo) jcverdie at pleyo.com
Fri Jul 20 13:06:59 PDT 2007

Dear Webkitters,

Pleyo, by my voice and others such as Max or Sebastien, has been
talking here now and then about the future outcome of its own
refactored version of WebKit, based on a specific Abstraction Layer
that we believe would help make portage to embedded platforms easier.

We are finally ready to show you the very first iteration. It's based
on the rev. 19826 of WebKit, code named Robespierre as the french
revolutionnary hero :)

Since we are not willing to head to a fork, we hope that some (not to
say more...) of our changes will eventually go back to WebKit trunk,
while we will keep merging from WebKit ToT on a regular basis. So
expect to see some patchs arrive in the following weeks, Maxime
already started sending some and more pleyo folks do the same in a
near future...

The website is not really finalized but we couldn't wait to get some
feedback on our work. We will add more details on legal, extensions
and technical architecture later.

Best regards
Jean-Charles

--