[webkit-dev] Issue retrieving SourceCode: SC containing Trojan horses?!?

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:14:50 PDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Paul Bakker <pgbakker at gmail.com> wrote:

> svn: Can't open file
> 'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/.svn/tmp/text-base/utf-32-big-endian-nobom.xml.svn-base':
> No such file or directory
>
> In my firewall software, I see this file is removed due to a "
> Exploit-ObscuredHtml (Trojan). Following a link in the FW software, I get
> this:
> http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=131453

>From the above:

"Other documents that mix HTML with non-ascii characters could also
trigger this detection."

The above file sounds like it has non-ascii characters. Your firewall
is just being overly cautious. Thanks to stupid bugs in IE.

I would turn off the firewall when downloading from SVN. Besides this
kind of problem it is probably slowing the download a lot.

Ryan