[webkit-dev] Issue retrieving SourceCode: SC containing Trojan horses?!?

Paul Bakker pgbakker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:49:54 PDT 2007

Hi,

Trying to download and install WebKit, following the instructions at
http://webkit.org/building/tools.html, but am running into the following:

First I downloaded the tar file with sourcecode, but unzipping it gave
errors in my McAffee (up to date0 firewall software.

Then I tried through "svn checkout
http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit" in Cygwin. it goes for
quite a while and then the same error.

Cygwin fails with the following message:

A    WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/noscript-in-head-expected.txt

WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/denormalised-voiced-japanese-chars-expected
.png

svn: Can't open file
'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/.svn/tmp/text-base/utf-32-big-endian-nobom
.xml.svn-base': No such file or directory

In my firewall software, I see this file is removed due to a "
Exploit-ObscuredHtml (Trojan). Following a link in the FW software, I get
this: http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description
<http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=131453>
&virus_k=131453

So, are there actually Trojan horses within the sourcecode files?!?! Of is
my FW software complaining about nothing and should I just disable the FW
temporarily?

Regards,

Paul