[webkit-dev] Getting Compilation error in Windows platform

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Sat Jul 14 22:34:29 PDT 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Amit Gupta wrote:

> Hello
>
> Now from the script i am getting the error below,
>
> $ ./build-webkit
> Could not find top level webkit directory above source directory
> using FindBin.
>
> I have kept Webkit core at this level
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\amit\WebKit
>
> In the same folder i have installed WebKitSupportLibrary
>
> Please help us if anyone has idea how to overcome from this problem

    If you installed a Perl other than the one that comes with Cygwin,
then you will have a multitude of build errors. Cygwin's Perl uses
UNIX-style paths, while other Windows flavors of Perl (such as
ActivePerl) use Windows-style paths. Your best bet is to uninstall
both Cygwin and Perl and follow the setup instructions on webkit.org
exactly.

    You'll also probably have an easier time getting help by showing
up in our IRC channel, #webkit on chat.freenode.net.

-Adam