[webkit-dev] Branch for Gtk/Gdk port

Juan Antonio Suarez Romero jasuarez at igalia.com
Fri Feb 23 07:51:42 PST 2007

Hi all, webkiters ;-)

In some posts I read some issues about the Gtk/Gdk port. In one, I read
about the posibility of creating a branch for this port.

What about this idea?.

IMHO having a stable branch in which send the contributions about this
port is very confortable.

This branch should allow to work only in the gtk/gdk contributions,
using a "stable" version of the repository. It's very unpleased that the
port compiles one day, but not the next, due to contributions done to
other ports.

Also, this branch should allow more people can contribute to the port,
as having a stable release makes easier the "study" of the system,
without every day something changes.

And finally, this branch should allow the building of a stable and
functional WebKitGtk system. The integration with the trunk should be
more quickly, adding the parts that are not implemented. In this way,
the trunk should contain functional ports.