[webkit-dev] Integrating the GTK port

Juan Antonio Suarez Romero jasuarez at igalia.com
Tue Feb 13 04:59:43 PST 2007

El Mar, 13-02-2007 a las 17:34 +0530, atul escribió:
> I had a discussion with many people on #webkit & it seems people
> consider Gtk-Webcore Project ( http://gtk-webcore.sourceforge.net/ ) as
> dead project. Well but still, if people had any plans to do Integrate
> the GTK-Webcore project then please mention.

I think so. I'm thinking about picking some elements of gtk-webcore
project, not all project, as I also think it is too out of date wrt
webkit.

> About replacing GDK elemets with GTK elements , it is much on the demand
> of the kinda of browser interface. According to my understanding GTK
> elements internally use GDK drawing primitives. So GTK provides much
> nice Widget set than the drawing primitives of GDk. (Correct me if i am
> wrong!!!)

This is my concern. It seems that some parts of Gdk port may be
implemented using Gtk. So, I'd like to know whether the final goal is to
have a Gdk port or, rather, a Gtk port.

--
Juan Antonio Suarez Romero <jasuarez at igalia.com>
Igalia, S.L.