[webkit-dev] Definitive build system

Juan Antonio Suarez Romero jasuarez at igalia.com
Mon Feb 12 10:13:53 PST 2007

Hi all.

I'm trying to do some contributions in the Gdk port.

First all,  I'm trying to fix the build system for gdk. It uses
BakeFiles, but it seems that this option has been abandoned.

So, what is the build system that is going to be used as the "official"
build system for ports?

In some posts I've read cmake (http://www.cmake.org) has been choosed.
Is this correct? In current CMakeLists.txt it seems that only KDE build
is supported. In the future all ports should use cmake?

IMHO fix the build system is a first step, to make more easy the build
of gdk port. So, if cmake is to be the goal build system, adding the Gdk
port to it could be also a good example to the other ports (i.e., the
windows port).

--
Juan Antonio Suarez Romero <jasuarez at igalia.com>
Igalia, S.L.