[webkit-dev] some WebCore::String plans

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Dec 20 10:27:08 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Marvin Decker wrote:

> I think this would have to be done incrementally to keep the patches
> sane.

Sure, makes sense. But the total amount of change here isn't so great.

> Is it okay if code has a bunch of extra DepString<->String
> conversions while this process is happening?

The code already has many; I'm not sure it's likely to get much worse.

The key to this question is *where* the extra conversions are. I don't
want to make a blanket statement that this is OK -- I think it's
pretty easy to do this in a way where there's no one step that
introduces a ton of additional conversion.

     -- Darin