[webkit-dev] Auto-launch installer after download dmg

Kevin Decker kdecker at apple.com
Mon Dec 10 14:11:22 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 2:07 AM, Bill Patterson wrote:

> I've got a installer on a dmg, that when downloaded by Safari 3.04,
> automatically mounts the dmg and launches the installer.
>
> I'd like to reproduce this in my WebKit based application.  Are
> there functions that do this?

Hey Bill.  You probably want to investigate the /usr/bin/hdiutil
command line utility which can attach, mount, and verify disk images.
I also recommend looking into the NSWorkspace API, specifically the -
[NSWorkspace openFile: withApplication:] method which you'll find very
useful for kicking off the Installer.

Good luck!
Kevin