[webkit-dev] IconLoader::didFail

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Thu Dec 6 10:38:53 PST 2007

Committing a failed icon load to the icon database was intended
behavior - if an icon doesn't exist at the calculated url, we want to
store that result so we don't hammer the server for it over and over.

Committing a *cancelled* load to the icon database was an oversight
and is a bug.  The fix is straight forward - SubresourceLoaders know
the difference between cancellation and failure, but their clients
don't. Give SubresourceLoaderClient the ability to distinguish between
failures and cancellations and its a peace of cake.

If you wanted to file a bug at bugs.webkit.org, that'd be awesome  :)

~Brady