[webkit-dev] Printing a WebView in ObjectiveC command-line application fails in OS X 10.5

Plessl Christian christian at plesslweb.ch
Tue Dec 4 12:29:09 PST 2007

Hi Darin

>> Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Is this the
>> appropriate mailing list for this question, or would cocoa-dev be
>> more appropriate?
>
> I think you have to put the WebView in an NSWindow. The NSWindow
> probably doesn't have to be on-screen. So you should create one and
> put the WebView in it.

Thanks a lot! Following your suggestion I have added WebView to a
NSWindow like this:

WebView * webView = [[WebView alloc]
initWithFrame:NSMakeRect(0,0,800,800)
                                            frameName:@"myFrame"
                                            groupName:@"myGroup"];

   NSWindow * window = [[NSWindow alloc]
initWithContentRect:NSMakeRect(0,0,800,800)

styleMask:NSBorderlessWindowMask

backing:NSBackingStoreNonretained defer:NO];
   [window setContentView:webView];

This solved the problem.

> I think it could be considered a bug that WebView has this
> requirement. I'm not sure other NSView classes have it. You could
> report that bug once you learn more <http://webkit.org/quality/reporting.html
> >.

I will report this problem.

Thanks again and best regards,