[webkit-dev] Need help building on Windows

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Aug 20 13:12:25 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Jarrod wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the webkit on Windows and have been
> unsuccessful so far.  Basically I have installed all the dependant
> software (I believe), and I have updated the path and added the
> proper Environment variables (again, I believe).

Hi Jarrod-
    Are you building the Qt port of WebKit on Windows? I ask because
there are currently (at least) 2 flavors of WebKit that can be built
on Windows, the Qt one and the one that Safari uses. Which are you
trying to build? What build instructions are you following?

    My guess is that you're building the Qt port, given that you have
MinGW and ActiveState Perl installed (the flavor of WebKit that Safari
uses requires Cygwin and Cygwin's perl).

-Adam