[webkit-dev] notImplemented() macro definitions

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Sun Apr 8 15:38:34 PDT 2007

Hi all,

One other issue I wanted to bring up that I've run into is an issue
with needing the notImplementedGdk() macro to be defined even though
we're not using the GDK port, as we use the CURL downloader. We've
hacked around it in our sources for now, but IMHO we'll have to
either have both notImplemented() and notImplementedGdk() available
to the GDK port, or remove the need for a separate notImplementedGdk
() macro if that's possible.

Also, there's a lot of duplication of notImplemented() in various
sources anyway, so I thought it might be worth bringing up the idea
of consolidating all those definitions into a header somewhere
(Assertions.h?). As it seems different ports might want to implement
it different ways, we can use #If PLATFORM(XYZ) blocks to allow
alternative definitions.

What do you guys think? Do you see doing it this way causing any
problems for any of the ports? If you agree, any suggestions on where
notImplemented() should go?

Thanks,

Kevin