[webkit-dev] SVG display in embed elements chooses ASV instead of Webkit

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 20 12:12:02 PST 2006

Hello,

When I view HTML files with an embedded SVG file (using the <embed />
tag) webkit loads the SVG in the Adobe SVG viewer instead of the native
SVG implementation.

Is this known or intended behavior?

I certainly would prefer the <object /> tag instead of the <embed/> tag,
but IE7 does not like Adobe SVG viewer in the object tag :-(

Here is an example:

http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/canvas.shtml

I am testing with MacOSX 10.4.8 (PowerPC) with the latest Apple Webkit
(nightly build).

Thanks for any information on this issue.

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/