[webkit-dev] A platform define for the Cocoa port?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Wed Jun 28 11:15:33 PDT 2006

Hi all,

While working on the wx port, I've noticed there are a number of
places where there are __APPLE__ defines that will conflict with the
wxWidgets port because wxWidgets uses Carbon and so the Cocoa
defines, native data types, etc. aren't appropriate in this case.

What I was thinking is that we can add a PLATFORM(COCOA) define to
Platform.h and define it when __OBJC__ and __APPLE__ are defined.
Would this be an acceptable solution?  This would still cause
conflicts with our wxCocoa port, but unfortunately development work
on that port has stalled so IMHO the conflict is not a major issue at
the moment. Eventually, if we do move to support wxCocoa, we could
add some __BUILDING_WXCOCOA define and check for that in Platform.h
before defining KXMLCORE_PLATFORM_COCOA.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin