[webkit-dev] Feature Requests

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Thu Jun 8 18:07:47 PDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 6:35 AM, Nicholas Shanks wrote:

> • Defining your own Accept* HTTP headers. Please just give me a set
> of text fields so I can write my own headers! Especially Accept-
> Language, that's the most important—my system language is set to
> British English, yet Safari sends out requests with "en-us". :-/

In addition to filing a Bugzilla bug report, I would recommend filing
a "Radar" bug report on http://bugreport.apple.com/.  The reason for
filing a second bug here is that it will be added to Apple's internal
bug database, so if the bug isn't in WebKit code, then Apple will
have a way to track the bug internally.

Note that you must create a 100% free "online" Apple Developer
Connection account before you can file a bug on this site.  If you do
file a Radar bug, please report the Radar bug number on Bugzilla, and
vice-versa.

> • Ability to set 1pt to 1/72 inches, and read the screen DPI for
> digital devices. Unless the screen can report it's own DPI, whis
> will probably require a large lookup table with Apple and other
> manufacturers' displays enumerated. (FontBook has something similar
> for converting copyright strings into publishers' names). This
> would be a preference in the apps that use WebKit, and you can
> default to off if you want, but I need the sanity of a HTML client
> that will display a 10cm line at 10cm on screen, in print, in
> braille, on a TV, on a phone, wherever.

You may also be interested in these WebKit blog entries by Dave Hyatt:

High DPI Web Sites
http://webkit.opendarwin.org/blog/?p=55

High DPI (Part 2)
http://webkit.opendarwin.org/blog/?p=56