[webkit-dev] Feature Requests

Nicholas Shanks contact at nickshanks.com
Thu Jun 8 04:35:03 PDT 2006

I would like to see options in the preferences of Safari, NetNewsWire
and other WebKit apps for the following:

• Defining your own Accept* HTTP headers. Please just give me a set
of text fields so I can write my own headers! Especially Accept-
Language, that's the most important—my system language is set to
British English, yet Safari sends out requests with "en-us". :-/
• Ability to set 1pt to 1/72 inches, and read the screen DPI for
digital devices. Unless the screen can report it's own DPI, whis will
probably require a large lookup table with Apple and other
manufacturers' displays enumerated. (FontBook has something similar
for converting copyright strings into publishers' names). This would
be a preference in the apps that use WebKit, and you can default to
off if you want, but I need the sanity of a HTML client that will
display a 10cm line at 10cm on screen, in print, in braille, on a TV,
on a phone, wherever.

Is there anyone else that would welcome these abilities?

- Nicholas.