[webkit-dev] NetscapeMoviePlugin Sample Broken?

Tim Omernick timo at apple.com
Thu Jun 1 18:25:58 PDT 2006

Hi Wayne,

We did recently fix an issue with the NetscapeMoviePlugin sample
crashing in Firefox, but unfortunately the updated sample code has
not yet been released.

The example plugin should load in Safari, though.  Can you verify
that it has been built and installed correctly?  You can look at the
list of installed plugins by choosing "Installed Plug-Ins" from
Safari's "Help" menu.

You might also want to temporarily move aside your other installed
plugins, in case one of them (QuickTime?) is registered for the same
content type as NetscapeMoviePlugin.

Is anything logged to the console (/Applications/Utilities/
Console.app) when the test page is loaded?

If you're stuck after checking these things you can and should file a
bug at: http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/

Thanks,
-t