[webkit-dev] Greetings

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Jul 30 09:58:08 PDT 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 09:47, Rob Burns wrote:
> Paged Media and the @Page Directive: Is anyone else working on paged
> media? This is something I'd be interested in taking advantage of,
> but fear I don't have the know-how to contribute anything worthwhile
> to this endeavor.

Paged media is implemented in KDE's KHTML, though still missing the @page
directive (I have code to parse it, but it needs some work in
rendering/view). If someone want to work on it this would be a good place to
start, and I can probably help guide you in the port.

> I was hoping to even add elements  from another namespace and be able
> to use CSS selectors to style them. Which brings me to another issue.
> Where would I look to see how WebKit handles the various elements and
> CSS selectors.  It strikes me that WebKit need not be familliar with
> a particular element to at least position the box for the element and
> allow CSS properties to style it.Obviously, for certain elements this
> would do now good (e.g., a MathML element for integral), but for a
> wide assortment of elements, this would be a versatile and flexible
> approach to handling unknown elements. In other words internally
> handle any element as a span or div, but then set the default CSS is
> display:none.

Adding new elements from other namespaces and styling them using CSS should
work. You just needs to make sure the browser opens it as XML. If the code is
parsed as HTML it will discard unknown elements as per standard.

`Allan