[webkit-dev] MiniBrowser with nightly build (Repost from webkitsdk-dev@lists.apple.com)

Daniel Waylonis danw at nekotech.com
Tue Jul 11 18:26:30 PDT 2006

Hi,

Darin suggested that I repost this message that I originally sent to
webkitsdk-dev at lists.apple.com:

I'm trying to modify the /Developer/Examples/WebKit/MiniBrowser to
not use the /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework but the
recently built sources that I pulled in from the
webkit.opendarwin.org site.  I don't want to use the run-safari / gdb-
safari scripts because I'd like to continue to use Safari for
gathering information and just have a small, simple app that
exercises WebKit, and that I could step through in gdb.

So, I replaced the WebKit.framework reference with
JavaScriptCore.framework, JavaScriptGlue.framework,
WebCore.framework, WebKit.framework, and libWebKitSystemInterface.a
and built.  It seems to work okay on my PPC system and I can navigate
to www.apple.com.

However, if I try to load any content that will cause plugins to be
loaded (e.g., WebKit/LayoutTests/plugins/resources/orange.mov), I get
an exception thrown (WebCore::Widget::addToSuperview() in WidgetMac.mm):

2006-07-10 18:39:11.279 MiniBrowser[16184] *** -[WebHistoryItem
page]: selector not recognized [self = 0x149ac6d0]
=================
ASSERTION FAILED: Uncaught exception - *** -[WebHistoryItem page]:
selector not recognized [self = 0x149ac6d0]
0 (/Users/waylonis/Code/WebKit/WebCore/platform/mac/
BlockExceptions.mm:35 ReportBlockedObjCException)
=================

Am I going about this in the wrong way?  Is there some other way to
run a web browser based on WebKit that will load plug-ins?  Should I
be using the WebKitLauncher built by the BuildSlaveSupport/build-
launcher-app?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Waylonis                    danw at nekotech.com