[webkit-dev] Crash reports which show extensions enabled: what to do?

Joost 'AlthA' de Valk webkit-dev at joostdevalk.nl
Fri Jul 7 05:51:26 PDT 2006

Hi all,

there seems to be some discussion going on what to do with bugs when
they have crash reports with them, which show enabled extensions. My
view on this is VERY simple: I close each and every such bug as
INVALID. We have neither the time or the resources to do anything
else, and i'd like to keep confirming bugs as easy as possible. Now I
know I have no "official" right to decide on this, but I hope you
will all agree with me and do the same.

There's been some hard work the last few days to get the UNCONFIRMED
list under 100 again, we have succeeded in that, and have 67
unconfirmed bugs at this moment. I want to thank everybody who's been
doing that work, it's the first step in getting our bug reporters to
feel that their bugs are being looked at and taken care of, which is
very important IMHO.

Regards,
Joost