[webkit-dev] KWQ Graphics code on Windows

Justin Haygood jhaygood at spsu.edu
Mon Jan 16 15:32:05 PST 2006

On 1/16/06, Krzysztof Kowalczyk <kkowalczyk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would vote for GDI+ or cairo (it that order). Cairo is still
> supposed to be slow, is additional dependency and would increase code
> size. GDI+ is already there.
>
> WPF, for practical purposes, doesn't exist yet. I wouldn't feel
> comfortable writing against technology that didn't ship v1.0 yet.
>
> BTW: is there some kind of a plan or a list of tasks to be done for
> windows port? I might find the time to do work, but I wouldn't know
> where to start or what parts need work. I noticed that recently there
> was work on windows port from Justing and Dave Hyatt but it's not
> clear what's the end goal of this effort is and what are areas that
> are known to need more work (so that there is no work duplication or
> going in a direction that is different from what other people are
> doing).

I think the current (silent) consensus is to get higher level portions of
WebCore to compile, and then work on implementing KWQ and other lower level
classes.

FYI:

JavaScriptCore compiles on Windows. I have a patch to build it as a DLL in
Bugzilla right now (submitted for a few minutes ago), though I use my own
build system currently. It also works! (minus a "bug" in Microsoft's
implementation of gmtime/localtime - not a bug perse since the spec allows
what they do, but they don't follow the rest of the 'modern' libc
implementations)

Krzysztof Kowalczyk