[webkit-dev] Server side DOM manipulation with javascript

Benoit Marchant marchant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:04:38 PST 2006

Hi

I'm exploring the possibility of using javascript server side as a
templating language, in the context of AJAX applications. To that end
both a javascript engine and a DOM document, ideally available as
"document" from javascript, are needed. The idea is to be able to
reuse the same code server and client side. The DOM document class
could be a native one eventually, like the XMLDocument class in Windows.

In that context, I don't need rendering, which means that WebCore is
most likely more than I would need in that regard. To be more
specific, I'm targeting xhtml, and the server would most likely be
running Windows. Apparently JavascriptCore now compile and run on
windows. Any feedback on real usage there ?

Has someone tried that before ? What would be involved in
implementing such a solution ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestion.

Benoit