[webkit-dev] Re: Some basic problems during linux port

André-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 26 10:00:14 PST 2006

IMHO, this certainly sounds like an idea, since Javascript is not
really necessary for
solutions which are just looking for a rendering solution.

In many ways since Javascript is refered by a mime-type ( text/
javascript ) and URL
( javascript: ), it can be seens as an extension, and therefore not a
necessary
dependency, even if it is a most commonly used dependency. Maybe a
notion a 'plugin'
that is actually specified iat compile time, rather than runtime.
Then when we compile
we can simply surround it with an #IFDEF that can ommit the
dependency, if needed.

Note: I have not looked at the source, so I may be suggesting some
things that are
already there.

Andre