[webkit-dev] WebCore/platform directory

Morgan L morganl.webkit at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 11:29:53 PST 2006

Yeah, the d-pointer pattern definitely has its costs as well.  I think it makes sense to optimize particular platforms with #ifdefs.  The goal, I think, should be to make sure that things are extensible properly for platform ports w/o requiring each platform to go that #ifdef route.  For example, you could declare the "d" in an #else section if the MAC platform version were entirely implemented w/o use of d-pointer.

-- morgan