[webkit-dev] Build system for ports

Justin Haygood jhaygood at spsu.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:40:29 PDT 2006

Everytime a new solutiion is converted:
1. The old Intellisense database is invalidated.. important for embedding as
it makes looking up functions in .h files obsolete for the most part.
2. VC6 doesn't support manifests natively (it requires the hackish use of RC
files), which VC2005 supports natively. If you want to use native common
controls for instance, a VC6 project converted to VS2005 won't build if you
embedded the required manifest, since VS2005 requires its own manifest to be
included, and you're allowed only one (it will merge them together if you
add the manifest to the VS2005 project file).. this is important when
embedding into another app without having to use multiple solutions
3. You're still limited to what's available in a VC6 project, because it'll
have to be upconverted everytime.
4. It's just messy