[webkit-dev] Clarification of WebKit version numbering?

Matt Gough devlists at softchaos.com
Tue Apr 18 03:43:54 PDT 2006

In my app, I am currently working around a problem in the released
WebKit (418) where [WebView setSelectedDOMRange: affinity:] ends up
selecting things outside of the range. This problem appears to be
fixed in TOT, which has a version of 420+.

I would like to put a test in my code now so that I can bypass my
workaround when this newer WebKit becomes the release one, but am
unsure as to whether the '+' in 420+ implies that TOT is working
towards a 420 release or a 421 (or beyond) release.

Or to put it another way, should my test be:

if (version >= 420)

or

if (version >= 421)

I realise that the bug fix could regress between now and a release
which includes it.

Matt Gough