[webkit-dev] Build system for ports

Timothy Hatcher timothy at hatcher.name
Sun Apr 16 14:42:33 PDT 2006

This might be a good approach for Linux, Win32  and other ports, but
the Mac side will likely need to stay all in Xcode projects. Xcode
can call out to external Makefile/Bakefile targets, but when building
universal it gets very complicated. We would need to lipo our
binaries in another build phase script at the end. That is just one
of the major complexities that Xcode handles for us that we know will
always work with Apple's build system.

— Timothy Hatcher