[webkit-dev] If repository moves to SVN, will there be an official svn client from Apple

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 08:32:54 PDT 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 07:32, David D. Kilzer wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2005, at 2:59 AM, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> > Eric Siedel (MacDome) alludes to the possibility of the repository
> > moving to Subversion in the future.
> >
> > http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2005-September/
> > 000437.html
>
> On a related note, I'm curious which repository conversion tool[1] is
> being used to migrate the repository (cvs2svn, etc.) and whether it's
> possible for the conversion tool to recognize when files were "moved"
> within CVS by copying the *,v files to a new location (to keep the
> history).
>
> I maintain a CVS repository at work where we copied many *.jar files
> two times, effectively tripling the size of the CVS repository to
> keep the history of those files in tact.

  We [KDE] went through this and now host the largest SVN repository.  We did
track server-side moves, at least to an extent, and it took a LONG time to
sort it out.  We do have lots of tools and scripts now, and some of them
might be helpful or insightful.  I can help get the right people in touch if
there is motivation.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/