[webkit-dev] If repository moves to SVN, will there be an official svn client from Apple

David D. Kilzer ddkilzer at kilzer.net
Fri Sep 30 04:32:15 PDT 2005

On Sep 29, 2005, at 2:59 AM, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Eric Siedel (MacDome) alludes to the possibility of the repository
> moving to Subversion in the future.
>
> http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2005-September/
> 000437.html

On a related note, I'm curious which repository conversion tool[1] is
being used to migrate the repository (cvs2svn, etc.) and whether it's
possible for the conversion tool to recognize when files were "moved"
within CVS by copying the *,v files to a new location (to keep the
history).

I maintain a CVS repository at work where we copied many *.jar files
two times, effectively tripling the size of the CVS repository to
keep the history of those files in tact.

Thanks!

Dave

[1] http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html  (see "Repository
Converters" heading)