[webkit-dev] Safari not loading pages with domain forwarding (from GoDaddy.com)

Mike Fischer mf_software at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 15:56:59 PST 2005

[2nd try from the correct mail account..., sorry if you receive this
twice.]

Am 28.11.2005 um 23:39 schrieb Hanspeter Schaub:

> Howdy WebKit-Developers,
>
> I've been trying to setup a small business web site which is hosted
> on my .Mac account.  I purchased the domain
>
> http://blue-sky-prod.com
>
> from GoDaddy.com, and enabled this domain name to be forwarded to
> the .Mac web address.  In Firefox and Explorer this works without a
> clitch.  However, when running this in Safari (current Tiger build,
> or latest webkit-beta), the page comes up blank?
>
> Here is the odd thing.  If I first fire up Firefox and load the
> page there, then the address (http://blue-sky-prod.com) loads just
> fine in Safari??  I tried calling GoDaddy.com support.  The person
> there had heard of this issue a few days ago, but they didn't know
> what was causing this.  Apparently all other browsers they try work
> just fine, only the Tiger+ Safari browser won't the auto-forwarded
> web pages.  He couldn't give me any hint at how it would be for
> this to be resolved.  He did say several times this could be an
> issue with Safari, in which case they couldn't do anything...
>
> Has anybody else here run into this?  Is this really a Safari
> issue?  Is this a GoDaddy.com server or domain forwarding issue?

Check out: <http://web-sniffer.net> to see the complete transaction.
(Or use this long URL:
<http://web-sniffer.net/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblue-sky-
prod.com&submit=Submit&http=1.1&gzip=yes&type=GET&ua=Mozilla%2F5.0+%
28Macintosh%3B+U%3B+PPC+Mac+OS+X%3B+de-de%29+AppleWebKit%2F416.11+%
28KHTML%2C+like+Gecko%29+Safari%2F416.12+Web-Sniffer%2F1.0.22>)

There the Location in the response is /?ABCDEFGH which doesn't strike
me as very useful. I'd think it is a server problem with GoDaddy.com.

Here is the complete response I'm getting: