[webkit-dev] Nightly Builds

Mark Rowe opendarwin.org at bdash.net.nz
Thu Jun 30 19:11:47 PDT 2005

On 1/07/2005, at 11:03 , Jamie Diamond wrote:

> Has anyone considered setting up a nightly build system? This could
> easily be maintained by one of the main WebKit devs or anyone else
> reliable for that matter. It would take the CVS code from that day,
> build it, and put it up on the server so anyone in the dev
> community could download and test. This would allow for a much
> greater testing and QA community. You would no longer have to be a
> building whiz to pitch in and help test and file. Also, for anyone
> who uses Firefix or Caminknight, the maker of these two programs
> has one ready for the day Safari does nightly builds. We just need
> the URL. This program could, when installed, automatically fetch
> the latest nightly build and install it on a tester's machine.
> Anyone wiling to help implement and maintain nightly builds (not
> me, I'm far from knowledgeful enough to). Thanks.

I've just thrown together a script to build + upload WebKit.  With
the wonders of launchd, it should execute daily at 1600 NZST (0400
UTC).  It uploads a disk image containing the built frameworks + a
stub application to <http://bdash.net.nz/files/webkit/nightly/Latest-
WebKit-CVS.dmg>.  Previous versions will be available in the <http://
bdash.net.nz/files/webkit/nightly/> directory.

Hope this helps,

Mark Rowe
<http://bdash.net.nz/>