[webkit-dev] Building WebKit CVS with XCode 2.1

Clever Monkey clvrmnky at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:53:00 PDT 2005

I ran into a few problems building CVS with XCode 2.1.  The first was
a "well-known" (to Google, anyway) warning with xcodebuild needing
it's option changed to "-configuration".

I hacked Makefile.am to fix that.

Of more interest is that JavaScriptCore would immediately fail when
it hit source that includes some headers from JavaScriptCore/bindings/
jni.  Specifically, those headers that reference <JavaVM/jni.h>.
This would in turn cause a long list of errors related to important
Java defines like jstring and the like.

My solution was to softlink the contents of /Library/Java/Home/
include to some valid include path.  I chose WebKitBuild/Deployment/
include/JavaVM.

I'm hoping to confirm whether or not there is some problem with my
devtools setup, or if this is a known problem.

Thanks.

-- John