[webkit-dev] Win32 port / KWQ

Patrick Forget patrick.forget2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:08:13 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

A year ago I have try to port WebCore (1.25) to the Windows platform. For
this, I took the file in /kwq and try to convert them to C++ using native
windows call for the widget. However, I have gave up a few month later
because I did find the job way too difficult (and also lost some interest on
this project).

If I recall, most of Objective-C files were converted to C++ (even if there
is no implementation). I do have a working implementation (at least partial)
for KWQWidget, KWQButton, KWQPainter using the Win32 api.

I will not have any time on myself to work on project for the next month
(vacations and some other stuff are more important). But still, it may be
useful to give the code so at least I didn't work for nothing, and it may
also spare some time on other people by providing a starting point.

Hope I can help

Patrick