[webkit-dev] Reducing samples

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Jun 7 21:58:48 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Steven Riggins wrote:

> hi folks :)
>
> I built today's webkit and was taking it for a spin.  I have one
> site (a dating site) in which I get replicable crashes in an
> unknown thread.
>
> I saved an archive of the page, converted it to xml, but it is
> still unreadable as far as reducing goes.
>
> Any tips on the best way to reduce a third-party's page?

One good way to get source to use as starting point on a bug
reduction is to use the Firefox "save as complete HTML" feature.

Another option is to save off just the HTML file, and then use the
Safari Activity window to find out and get at the other resources of
the page, but this requires more manual steps.

Regards,
Maciej

PS Have you filed this bug in bugzilla yet? With a crashing bug, it's
often possible to figure it out just by looking at the backtrace and
reproducing the crash in the debugger, without the need for a reduction.