[webkit-dev] Still more build problems

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sun Jul 31 17:41:31 PDT 2005

On Jul 31, 2005, at 3:01 PM, Kurt Kohler wrote:

> I haven't been able to build webkit from the the anonymous cvs
> repository for over a week. The error I get appears to be the same
> one mentioned in the build wiki "I get weird errors about being
> unable to find WebKitSystemInterface.h".

It's hard to diagnose stuff like this over email; easier on IRC if
you get a chance to visit there.

But you can look in the "Deployment" directory inside your build
results directory. There should be a directory named "usr" there and
inside that "local" and inside that "include" and inside that
"WebKitSystemInterface.h". The script "build-webkit" puts the file
there.

If the file isn't there, then there's something wrong with how "build-
webkit" puts it there.

If the file is there, then there's something wrong with how the
WebKit project finds it.

Make sure you have a clean tree with no changes to the project. One
thing you might want to try is removing the "WebKit.xcodeproj"
directory and then re-updating to get it back.

     -- Darin