[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore Win32 update

Justin Haygood justin at xiondigital.net
Sun Jul 3 09:57:22 PDT 2005

The conversative GC still appears to give problems, even though I
narrowed it down, getting that stackbase pointer is tricky! Even using
the register which supposedely stores it doesn't work, even tho the
crash no longer appears in collector.cpp, it now appears in value.cpp
(but i still believe it has to do with corruption caused by the GC)

But, testkjs now has the following results:

19 tests fixed (good!), 104 regressions found

967 test(s) selected, 962 test(s) completed, 245 failures reported
(25.46% failed)

Of those 245, most are really buggy JavaScriptCore completely and
totally dieing. But as can be seen, its almost ready for primetime. Alot
of the code is ported over, and it works really nicely as long as the GC
doesn't kick in. In fact, if anyone has alot of RAM handy (my 512 ain't
enough :( ) on  a Wintel machine, i'll send the source to them, and let
them try running it w/o the GC enabled and see if its as stable as the
OS X version. Reason alot of RAM? without that GC, some tests can use
alot of RAM. the biggest ive seen was 450, XP promptly BSODed when it
tried to use a tiny bit more (out of physical RAM, couldnt page ANYTHING
else).