[webkit-dev] Re: WebKit for Panther

Finlay Dobbie finlay.dobbie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 06:58:02 PDT 2005

On 24/08/05, Mark Thomas <maillists at coderus.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, but what are your TLA's ?. I guess SPI is private
> APIs, but what is ToT ?

Top/Top of Tree. Current state of play in CVS.

> So that the idea/theory, and I guess when I understand more fully what/how
> the WebKit has done it will give me an idea on the way forward. I'm hoping
> that if it was the WebKit team idea that there would be PC version available
> then the reliance on private API should be phase out from the source.

This argument makes very little sense. WebKit is not going to be
ported to Windows (which is what I presume you mean). What has been
proposed is having the infrastructure for the GTK integration effort
for WebCore rolled into CVS. How that would affect WebKit's SPI use is
beyond me. (It sucks that it's necessary for WebKit to use SPI, but
it's kind of understandable that WebKit adopts technologies which are
added in new OS releases.)

 -- Finlay