[webkit-dev] Webkit Xcode projects

Bill Kocik bkocik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:34:47 PDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Mark Thomas <maillists at coderus.com> wrote:
>   I understand that there is this build script which does it all, but I
> wanted to do see how would I do about doing some debugging to find out and
> understand the code base, presently there isn't a howto on the debugging
> best practices should work.
>
>   I see there is a debug script, but I really don't want to debug from the
> console much prefer to be using the Xcode debug GUI.

Someone is slated to create that howto. In the meantime, I used the
following info to get Safari+WebKit up and running inside of Xcode's
debugger (do a development build with "build-webkit --development" and
then use the information in this thread):

http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2005-June/000140.html

The key is creating a custom executable in a new project in Xcode that
points to /Applications/Safari.app, and setting the
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH variable. I did it by clicking on my custom
executable, clicking "Info", then going to the "Arguments" tab and
setting it up in the "Variables to be set in the environment" area.

There may be a better way to do it, but this worked for me. Hope that helps.

--
Bill Kocik