[webkit-dev] Use PyObjC so we can test our Objective-C API in a way similar to layout tests?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Aug 6 11:41:29 PDT 2005

I'd like to see us figure out a way to use PyObjC or some other
similar technology to do tests that are like our layout tests. This
would be superior to actual Objective-C because we wouldn't have to
compile all the test programs. Recently I've been seeing an
increasing number of bugs in our Objective-C DOM and wanting tests
that could regression test that the way our layout tests can do
regression tests for JavaScript and HTML issues.

Anyone interested in this? Any thoughts on whether it's practical?

     -- Darin