[wpe-webkit] Cog on Raspberry Pi 4

luiz luiz at sdf.org
Mon Feb 26 13:43:54 PST 2024

Hi,

I want to setup a kiosk on a Raspberry Pi 4. However, the current browser
situation in Raspberry Pi OS is despicable. Altough somewhat-optmized, the
browsers (Chromium and Firefox) are many versions behind upstream and contain
several CVEs.

After some digging I discovered WPE. And, in theory, is exactly what I need.

I would appreciate some feedback from someone with experience on this
platofrm.
How does it compare, performance-wise, with the RPi Chromium fork? What's
video
playback like? Is it feasible to build Cog on Raspberry Pi OS specifically?

Thanks,
Luiz