[wpe-webkit] Removing wpe-webkit-1.1 API version?

Alberto Garcia berto at igalia.com
Thu Mar 9 08:14:59 PST 2023

On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 02:49:39PM +0200, Adrian Perez de Castro wrote:
> > 2.0: This is new API version containing several breaking changes. It is
> > currently unstable but should become stable within the next two weeks
> > when WPE WebKit 2.40.0 is released. Uses libsoup 3.
> >
> > 1.1: Old API version, uses libsoup 3
> >
> > 1.0: Old API version, uses libsoup 2
> >
> > I suspect nobody is actually using 1.1? Now that the 2.40 branch
> > has been created, can we get rid of it so we don't have three
> > different API versions in 2.42?

In the Debian case:

bullseye: 1.0 API
bookworm (about to be released): 1.1 API

bullseye has security support until July 2024, so that's the moment
where (from the Debian pov) we can definitely get rid of the 1.0 API.

For bookworm it would be great if we could switch to the 2.0 API
before the final release, but the timing is complicated because
the distribution is about to enter hard freeze. I'm talking to the
Debian release team to see their opinion. But we would need Cog and
gst1.0-wpe to be ported to the new API.

Berto